Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Meet Herbie and Henry Heart

Herbie and Henry are just a small part of the "Heart Faces" svg file set that I recently created. There are 12 images total and you could do so many cute things with these fellas.

Henry was created using the cut and print technique in SCAL2. I printed his facial features onto red card stock, then used my Cricut to cut the heart shape around his face. I cut the whites of his eyes, his nose, and his teeth from white card stock and layered him all together. I also used the cut and print method for his cute little baseball cap which was just a clip art image I found. If you are not familiar with the cut and print technique, this section of our forum has a great written and video tutorial to help you learn: http://www.smartbuygal.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=105.




Herbie was created by breaking apart the file and cutting the various colors out of glossy vinyl purchased from Nick at www.craftvinyl.com. Then I just layered up my design, and applied it to this awesome coffee sleeve!


If you are interested in the files for Herbie and Henry and the rest of the gang, please check out the "files" tab at the top of the page.....many thanks!

No comments: